The Property Owners Association of New Jersey, Inc. founded in 1949, exists to bring together owners and operators of residential real estate, interested parties, and industry personnel for education and networking purposes. The organization is comprised of owners and managers as well as individuals who work in housing related industries.
Visit our Facebook Fan Page and check out all of the great images from recent meetings. On our Facebook page you can share comments, start a discussion, and gather important information relevant to property ownership in New Jersey.
- May 11 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- June 8 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Is Your Tenant’s Dryer A Fire Hazard? - By: Bob Bellis , Dryer Vent Wizard of Central Jersey Without proper maintenance, the dryer vent is a potential home fire hazard—yet the majority of homeowners are unaware that the problem even exists. The result is venting systems that clog over time and become a growing fire hazard with each load of laundry. Clothes dryer […]
- Code Upgrades-Are You Covered? - By: Larry Rosen, Rifkin & Rosen Ultimate Property Loss Consultants At almost every meeting, I get questions about code upgrades. Does my insurance policy include code upgrades? What are they? How are they determined? When is there coverage for them? How do I get paid for them? Do I still get paid for the work […]
- Revised Accounting Methods For Eviction Complaints - By: Michael D. Mirne, Esq. Most American businesses keep track of their charges and receivables using a “first in, first out” method. The central principle of this method, referred to as “FIFO,” is to apply customers’ payments toward their earliest balances first, and then toward their later balances. New Jersey landlords had also accepted the […]